Most of the recovery mechanisms are based on parachutes. Study of parachutes is made complex due the non-rigidity of structure. This poses extra problems at the time of inflation and also at recovery. The problems are compounded due to the ineffectiveness of normally applied control strategies, methods of stitching and structural strength etc.
ZN has capabilities in:
- Aerodynamic simulation of RAM Air parachute with multiple compartments
- Aerodynamics of UniCross parachute with and without hole at the top
- Design of parafoils etc
- Dynamics of parachutes and estimation of trajectory
- Automatic mesh generation software for making parachute geometries
- Structural analysis using membrane assumption